Quotes and Sayings
September 19, 2017
You are 87% water; the other 13% keeps you from drowning. P. E. Morris
Create your Quotes
Meanings of Names
Add Text to Images
A home without books is a body without soul.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
A room without books is like a body without a soul.
G. K. Chesterton
All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Remember the Dick - And - Jane books and the first word you learned - - The biggest word of all - - ...
All of the books in the world contain no more information than is broadcast as video in a single large American city in a single year. Not all bits have equal value.
All of us can think of a book... that we hope none of our children have taken off the shelf. But if I have the right to remove that book from the shelf - That work I abhor - Then you also have ...
America has begun a spiritual reawakening. Faith and hope are being restored. Americans are turning back to God. Church attendance is up. Audiences for religious books and broadcasts are growing. And ...
President Ronald Reagan, to the National Association of ...
And this our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
Any man with a moderate income can afford to buy more books than he can read in a lifetime.
Associate with the noblest people you can find read the best books live with the mighty. But learn to be happy alone. Rely upon your own energies, and so do not wait for, or depend on other people.
Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as by the latter.
Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as by the latter.
Beyond the formative effects of reading on the individuals composing society, the fact that they have read the same books gives them experiences and ideas in common. These constitute a kind of ...
Charles Scribner, Jr.
Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents.
Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in: but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents.
Copyright © QuotesPlanet.com