Water Quotes

Upon those who step into the same rivers different and ever different waters flow down.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Pearl buck - at my age the bones are water in the morning...

Two - Thirds of the earth is covered by water. The other third is covered by Garry Maddox.
Ralph Kine
Indecision is like a stepchild if he does not wash his hands, he is called dirty, if he does, he is wasting water.
African Prove
Don? t go chasin? waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you? re used to.
TLC, Waterfalls
George mikes - continental people have sex - lives the english...

The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exaulted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy... neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water.
John W. Gardne
Husbands are awkward things to deal with even keeping them in hot water will not make them tender.
Mary Lorraine Buckley
This is spinal tap - marty this tasteless cover is a good indication...
Water generally flows downhill in this area.
Bob Bennett, WDIV News 4, Detroit, reporting on a flood that destroyed some suburban basement apartments.
If the many allegations made to this date are true, then the burglars who broke into the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee at the Watergate were, in effect, breaking into the home of every citizen.
Sam James Ervin, Jr.
Streets full of water; please advise.
Robert Benchley
In the bleak midwinter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the bleak midwinter, Long ago.
Christina G. Rossetti
People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.
James Arthur Baldwin
A coalition of groups... is waging a massive propaganda campaign against the president of the United States. ... an all - Out attack. Their aim is total victory for themselves and total defeat for him. On Watergate crisis.
Gerald R. Ford
Lakes, rivers, streams... all are water and all travel to the same destination. So it is with religion.
Muhammed Ali, in a television interview
You could not step twice into the same river for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus
One kernel is felt in a hogshead one drop of water helps to swell the ocean a spark of fire helps to give light to the world. None are too small, too feeble, too poor to be of service. Think of this and act.
Hannah More
When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats.
Claude Swanson
Indecision is like a stepchild: if he does not wash his hands, he is called dirty, if he does, he is wasting water.
African Prove
Talk not of wasted affection, affection never was wasted, If it enrich not the heart of another, its waters returning Back to their springs, like the rain shall fill them full of refreshment That which the fountain sends forth returns again to the fountain.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water.
John W. Gardne
Truth may be stretched, but cannot be broken, and always gets above falsehood, as does oil above water.
Miguel Cerbantes
You are 87% water; the other 13% keeps you from drowning.
P. E. Morris
What is Jordan that I should wash in it What is the preaching that I should attend on it, while I hear nothing but what I knew before What are these beggarly elements of water, bread, and wine Are not these the reasonings of a soul that forgets who appoints the means of grace.
William Gurnall
When you drink the water, remember the spring.
Chinese Prove
You could not step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus, On the Universe
A fool and water will go the way they are diverted.
African Prove
You know something that would really make me applaud A guy gets stuck in quicksand, then sinks, then suddenly comes shooting out, riding on water skis How do they do that.
Jack Handey Deep Thoughts
You are beautiful, but you are empty. One could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you - - The rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered.
Antoine de Saint - Exupery, The Little Prince
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.
Confucius, The Confucian Analects